Monday, February 20, 2006

What Happened to February?

I remember being six years old and waiting for my first, first cousin to be born. Those were the longest five months of my life. My aunt (who has always seemed more of an older sister since she lived with us from the time she was fourteen until she married) promised me that I would have a cute baby cousin to play with before Christmas. After waiting all that time, finally November arrived and so did Julie. Then I had to wait another six weeks for Christmas. I think all that I ever did as a child was to wait for some thing or some event. Time frequently stood still or moved at only a snail's pace.

Now it seems that some event is always slipping up on me. Time is racing at breakneck speed and somehow February will be over in seven days. How did that happen?

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

This year is going by way tooo fast...I totally agree! I remember how time would drag from Christmas to spring break when I was in school and now it just goes faster, esp. when I'm just getting bigger!!! June will be here before I know it and I KNOW that I'm not ready for it, yet!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home