Friday, August 24, 2007

One Week Finished

Hard to believe that one week of class is finished. It actually went very smoothly. This online registration is improving every year and our only problem is when a course is full but we can still let others enroll. In that case, sweet Brenda has to go online and do some kine of magic, voodoo, computer stuff to let the student enroll.

The bad part about starting school has been that I stressed myself out for no real reason. I then have engaged in my classic stress behavior and began to eat bread. Not just any bread. Lovely Tuscan round loaf bread and fresh-baked sour dough bread that a friend brought over and last of all this heavenly concoction from Boulevard Bread in LR that is called Chocolate Cherry Bread. Yum!

Now that the stress is a little lower maybe I can stop eating bread!!!

One more thing, I got the official notice that our graduate program was granted candidacy status from the accrediting agency. They only had three concerns which is really, really good for me. One of the three concerns is that there is NO CLERICAL SUPPORT! That was music to my ears!

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Congratulations! That one concern of having no clerical support might just get fixed if that is one that could make accreditation happen and that would be wonderful for you!

Hope you enjoyed the bread...'m enjoying everything I can this weekend with Laura and John in Canada!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Beth said...

The bread sounds sooo...good. Nothing works as good as bread! Who do we know that needs a job? Let's get you fixed up! Good job on all that accreditation stuff.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

are you taking applications?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Congrats! I'm with you on the bread...it is sooo my comfort food!!
I need a job...just get Aaron one, too and we are sooo there! he he he..Oh wait, then we would have to find a sitter for Parker and Sus...okay, never mind, I'm out. :)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger john/laura said...

hi bw!

niagara falls is about 2 hours from here. i thought about taking tim and tammie to see them (is that right? or is it 'it'?), but i was a little afraid that 4 hours in a car might be a little bit much for my dad.
we'll have to go some time when he has his plane and he can feel in control.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Artist-Tim said...

I'll trade bread for ice cream anyday. You know that sweet cream mixed with strawberries. YUM!

How about bread for dinner then ice cream for dessert?

Wil and 2 friends, Jordan Hall and Caroline Coates, are here this weekend for massive doses of grilled out burgers, spaghetti, and movies. They rushed out to Sherradon's when they saw me come in with a cup in my hand with the last bites of "Straberry Sundae Concrete."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home