Sunday, February 26, 2006

Gotta Love DC

From taxi drivers who rarely all speak the same language to some of the most wonderful places to see how our country operates to the fabulous places to eat...You gotta love the DC area. My drive to the hotel from the airport was about 40 minute taxi ride during the end stages of evening rush hour. My driver was very nice and a surprisingly good drive, but he did have sitar music playing on the radio. I swear that one song went on uninterrupted for over thirty minutes. I timed it after the first 15 minutes. My second driver who drove me to meet Amy and her family had evening prayers and Friday night sermon on his radio.

I met Reagan's friend Amy and her husband and two children at a really good Greek/Italian place for dinner. Amy is as precious as can be. She immediately was my friend and the kids are so cute and so well-behaved. I took photos but my eyes are closed in all of the ones Amy's husband took of us (somehow, he didn't make it into any of the photos).

I have tried for two days to put pictures with this blog but they will have to wait. I do have one addition cab/limo story from the weekend. The driver to the airport met us very businesslike and introduced himself and hauled our luggage to the limo-like car (very big, very black but not really a limo). He then pulled out little white Dunkin Donut sacks for each of the three riders and gave us "gift bags" to start our trip out. There were two raised donuts inside...what a treat. I waiting until I got inside the airport and out of sight of the other two riders (we were all flying home to different locations) and I stuffed my donuts into my mouth! I think that should be a new tradition...all limo drivers should give out donuts.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww man...you need to tell me when you go again! i'm only about 4 hours away. glad you had a good time, though...and that you could meet amy! see ya soon!

ps. i know that i haven't talked to you..but you're invited for the 8th. but i'll definitely see you that next weekend! we'll chat.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger J. Cliff said...

i couldn't live without you. you know that.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if i would trust donuts given to me by taxi drivers...I would have told him to eat the first one and then if he didn't die I'd eat the rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home