Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More Diners

Last night was the Country Kitchen in Kensett. We usually eat breakfast there but last night we tried out their supper menu. Gene liked the cheeseburger and I had a good chef's salad. The chocolate pie was frozen...not homemade.

We had a chance to eat lunch today at the new KJ's place just outside Judsonia. Very, very nice atmosphere, not at all like a diner. Since Gene believes he can best judge a diner by the cheeseburger he had another one. It was very, very good. I tried the "meat and two" offering for the day (chicken and dressing, steamed veggies and mashed potatos) and it was nice. According to Gene, the chocolate pie was good but probably not homemade (he was not fond of the crust). A small cup of soft serve ice cream came with my meal and we sampled the chocolate. It was wonderful...very, very creamy and very mouse-like. I'd go back for the ice cream alone.

I think it might be time to return to a local favorite, Main Street Cafe (actually no longer located on Main Street but why change a good name!).

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

Next time you come...it looks like a diner on the outside (or a reasonable facsimile of) on the outside. On the inside it is a WONDERFILLED cajun joint. OH MY!
Good enough to be featured on Tennessee Crossroads (our version of California Gold with my old bud, Huell...what parent would do that to a child? Huell? Yes, there were barf jokes as a child)

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked KJ's pretty good...The food and the company were excellent...now if the waitress could just get all the tickets right....but we had fun anyway! but then, again, don't we always? And I got up and came to the office for a new client at 9:00 (who didn't show up) and left Vivian planting flowers in my flower beds to make my yard beautiful for the wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home