Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Can You Smell It?

Change is in the air. The semester is ending and our academic program is in the midst of change. We probably are adding a master’s degree component and some of us are probably changing jobs. I am typically ready for change, but I like change to happen quickly. (Here, I must put in a disclaimer. I do not care if change in the décor of my abode happens quickly or not. That is why the cabinets in my house have been in need of another coat of paint for two years and the baseboards have been two years in the replacing.) In my profession, if a client in not making improvements then you have to change your therapy approach and change it fast.

The academic world does not want to change rapidly. You must discuss, study and most importantly form a committee before the idea can even be planned to be planned (I used those same words twice on purpose). Then you have to decide who will plan, then the mission of the plan developed and then the plan is planned. I am ready for some action! Hopefully, in the next couple of days, or maybe in the next couple of hours, I will have the answer to a couple of the major questions. Until then, I am slightly anxious. I need chocolate!

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of work ahead with a Masters Porgram on the horizan...you might need more than chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home