Sunday, April 30, 2006

Room Karma

Just back from a trip to Sandestin, Florida. Good conference, I learned lots. The most exciting thing that happened is that I finally have better room karma than my colleague, Dan. Each time we travel to a meeting or conference, he gets upgraded to a lovely room or suite or whatever the hotel has available. I usually get a nice room but not like the great rooms he usually gets.

But that seems to be in the process of changing. It started in March at a meeting in DC when I got a room with a balcony that overlooked the White House lawn and the Washington Monument was only a direct shot from the balcony. The room had just been remodeled and was very, very nice.

Then as we checked into the Bayside Inn, Dan as assigned to a room in that facility and they told me that I had been upgraded to a room a short distance from that hotel for the same price. I got on the shuttle bus (they came as soon as you called and I never waited more than 2 minutes) and went to a set of condo units. My room was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath fully equipped condo. It was beautifully decorated with 2 balconies overlooking a lagoon and golf course. AND, sitting on the granite countertop was a cute little insulated beverage holder filled with individual sized snacks. It also had a note on it addressed to “Ms. Becky Lever.” I immediately called the front office and told them there had been some mistake…although that name is close to my name it was just enough different to make me nervous. The office assured me that I was in the correct room/luxury condo so I unpacked and settled in for the stay. It was great! It would have been better with either family or friends there to enjoy it with me.








So, I am hoping that the room karma is now in my corner. Sorry, Dan.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

WOW! The next time you go on a trip give me a call and I'll go and enjoy your room while you go to your meetings! Are you sure you didn't sign in with the last name Trump or something?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger BW said...

It was great. And maid service came with it!

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good to me...I think you get to pick the room for out next trip together and that we need to have one soon! Well, after June anyway!

I had to work hard to post this comment...my word had almost 10 crazy letters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home