Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Less Than a Year

Less than a year might as well be five years away right now. Reagan told me to get over myself because we are scheduled to go to Japan in less than a year. But here is today's trauma. I just found out that I really messed up a student's graduation and I am in the depths of depression. I just ate an entire Hershey bar in under three minutes! I feel like we can fix part of this huge mistake I made but I can hardly bear to be the one who has to tell her this news. This is not the first mistake I have ever made in my life but in 25 years of academic advising I have never caused someone to delay graduation. I need more chocolate.

4 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i am so sorry.
i'll tell the student.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Oh, Bec, I am so sorry! I do remember another student who was ill advised some 30* years ago and Dr. Joe Pryor helped her figure a way to make it work...maybe you can, too. I have faith in you!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

Have faith! There will be a silver lining for both of you SOMEWHERE in this. I'm sorry you are feeling so down, but I'm so glad you care enough to feel badly!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, now I want to eat some chocolate for you, too! I know between you and Dad that ya'll will find a way to fix something! We will be sending many many great thoughts (and even more less stress prayers) your way!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home