Thursday, November 22, 2007

Boston to Thanksgiving

What a busy couple of weeks! First Boston for the annual American Speech-Language-Hearing Association meeting. I spent six days and five nights there last week. It turned cold at the end of the week but not too bad. Most of my days were in meetings but I did manage to go to Durgin Park to eat twice. Once for the baked seafood platter and once for the clam chowder and Boston Baked Beans. Both were good.

We had six students attend at their own expense. They were perfect! They attended meetings, met grad schools, and toured the exhibits to collect free stuff. They were all nicely dressed and did NOT go out partying all night like so many of the students do. I think I have the best students in the world!

On Monday, I sat all day long. I just sat. I watched a little daytime TV because I had earned it.

Tuesday and part of Wednesday had business to take care of at the office. Today I cooked. I know that is hard for some of you to wrap your brains around but it is true. A full meal. Mom Baker's Camp Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Salad and three desserts! Mary Lou and Sally brought a terrific shoe-peg corn and cranberry dish and I used store bought rolls, but it all tasted great! But it took me 6 hours to do it!!! How does Rachel Ray do it in 30 minutes. I just don't understand that!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope that you all are as thankful for your life as I am for mine!

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I cannot believe that you didn't have steak for Thanksgiving! I can believe you cooked since you were sharing your meal with others. Callie Lillard was kind enough to put on her blog that the average Thanksgiving dinner has 7,000 calories! I read that after I'd had lunch at Diana's and dinner at Tim's mom and dad's! Sounds like Reagan and Sara had a great time in London with Dan and Kerri and Ian!
Glad you enjoyed your Boston trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home