Sunday, October 21, 2007

Little Rock Race for the Cure


Yesterday was a big day in Little Rock. Over 45,300 people walked or ran the streets to help find a cure for breast cancer. Mother and I went for the third time since she had treatment for breast cancer. She loves attending and participating in all the survivor events.

It is always an emotional occasion. I find it impossible to watch the survivor parade and not have tears in my eyes. All those pink shirts, pink pompoms and this year pink boas are very moving.

I finally decided that the survivors are like a club or sorority that one never wants to be a part of but if you have to join it then you love the club. My prayer for each of you is that you never have to join this club.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Amen! and Hooray and Praise God for the survivors!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Jonathan Storment said...

Mrs. Beckie, How are things going for you? Leslie and I are doing great. Still in Fort Worth working at RHCC. Did you know that Josh Harriman got married this summer? To a girl? Anyway Leslie and I were just talking about you and decided to check in on you. How's Reagan doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home