Sunday, May 11, 2008

If I Could Turn Back Time

Jeff Montgomery reminded me think morning at church that I have been away from this blog for a long time. I have been occupied. And if I could have a "do-over" I would never, ever, ever try to teach, direct a department and start up a graduate program at the same time.

I am totally convinced that my classes suffered greatly this past semester. I felt disorganized and distracted everytime I walked into a classroom. I am having a very hard time not being overtly bitter that so many other faculty members did NOT have to teach while they are preparing for a graduate program. So, if I could turn back time, I would not have tried to teach two classes during the past semester.

Now, as for this weather...I am starting to feel like Vivian did when we were in college. I am not going to leave my bed for those tornado sirens. There have been too many of them lately.
But more importantly, I NEED to have some good weather so that I can ride with the top down.

And lastly, I hope that all my family and friends had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was very, very nice.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

i was hoping this was going to be about cher... and possibly about how awkward she is when she's wearing a leather jacket, fishnets, and a leather thong-onesie... or even worse... blond.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Glad to see you back blogging. I've been missing you!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've missed you too!! maybe things will be easier this summer and next semester so you can blog more?

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm glad that you are back! I have missed reading about your busy life and fun trips. Tell that chairman to give you a break...wait, you are the chair now, aren't you? :) Hope you have gotten to go on a drive with the top down this week...it is good for the soul!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home