Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why am I NOT in San Antonio?

So, I drove to the Little Rock airport this morning in plenty of time for my 11:30 am flight to Dallas and then a 1:50 pm flight to San Antonio. At boarding time they announced that our plane had not yet left St. Louis due to the ice storm. Then at 1:30 pm they announced that the flight was canceled. "Please wait for us to call your name to re-schedule your flight." At 3:30 pm, TWO HOURS later they had still not called my name and had started to announce that all the flights today to Dallas and Houston were FULL and they had only reached number 40 to reschedule (I was number 103). Finally, I walked up to the desk to see if there was any way I could get to SA by midnight. "No, I am sorry, we can get you there by 9 am in the morning." "No, thanks, my convention presentation is at 8 am. I just want my money back."

I am in Searcy.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

1. GRRRRRR.....
2. Overbooking. once again...GRRRR
3. Guess I'm glad we didn't make it to ColdWater Creek after all.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm sorry! Enjoy a relaxing weekend at home that you didn't expect to get!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They better give you your money back...what a bummer!!!Sorry you didn't get to go. Mike left for Houston this morning with college bowl kids...too late to help you any.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home