Saturday, June 21, 2008

Time to Go

The amazing thing is that the more I have to get done, the more I can actually accomplish. This week has been crazy busy. I have only had time to stop and say hello to my friends like Mikey and Brenda once all week. Martha has been so much help. She is the female version of Radar O'Reilly on MASH. She seems to know that I need before I figure out what I need. It seems that three or four times a day I say, "I need to fill out the form for...." and she says, "I already did it!" Or, when a student comes into the office to talk about courses/classes/majors, she will show up at my door with a file full of all the forms I need.

It has also been a week of visiting with possible clinical sites for the students. Each and every nursing home, medical facility or retirement home that we have visited has said, "We love Harding students, bring them on!" This is remarkable since many, many grad programs in Speech Path are struggling for clinical sites. Sara and I leave a place and look at each other and at the same time say, "This is a God thing!" He has taken care of us and guided us through so much in regards to beginning this grad program.

Now, Sara, Dan and I really going to need His hand to guide us through the 16 days in Zambia. We have some plans and a couple of places lined up to stay but we are kinda flying by the seats of our pants. The good news is that the Minister of Education replied personally to the email and gave us his private phone number. We are supposed to call when we find out when we will be in Lusaka so we can meet with him.

The only thing left to do is try and pack. I promise that I will post photos as much as I can while I am gone. We will have one laptop and unreliable internet access so I will do what I can.

5 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Be careful and have fun but most of all, God's blessings on your work in Zambia! Hope you get everything worked out!

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited about your trip...I'm still grand sitting. We have had a great time! Be careful and hope you are successful...don't drink the water.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

with you and sara gone, who can i talk to on the phone??

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Where's your blog about Africa?

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. You must be so excited about your trip. I think you must be a braver person than I to change your life so drastically.

God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home