Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another One Scheduled

Zambia. Well, I knew that I needed to go to prepare things for our students next summer, but I wasn't sure if our new budget could handle it. I got work on Monday and found out that enough money was budgeted and then I started thinking. Sara needs to go because she is the clinic director and she needs to see all the clinical possibilities. The Zambian culture in the region we will visiting is very male oriented, so Dan would be a great asset on the trip. I made an executive decision and decided we could pull some out of our reserve funds and now all three of us are going on June 23.

The decision was made Tuesday morning. We bought tickets 30 minutes later. Now, two days later, we have begun the series of shots that we have to have in order to go, we have ordered out guidebooks, and have our hotel room for the overnight stay in Johannesburg. There are still thousands of things to take care of before we go but I think we can get them all done in time. Crazy times!

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lyn said...

how exciting!

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo!
PS: I miss you!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Wow! That's exciting and I am jealous! Better take a jar of peanut butter just in case...you can always put it on bread if you don't like anything else.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger The Gernand Family said...

Summer program in Zambia?!?!? How cool!! If you ever need a visiting SLP, I know one who might be interested...::cough cough::
I hope you're doing well!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!!!! Don't drink the water or anything with ice.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home