Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Why is it Raining????

This is the dry season. We are supposed to have sunshine everyday. Yesterday and today we have had RAIN! Water falling from the skies during the dry season. Today is cold and damp. Ick!
The Zambians hate it. Some came into class with blankets wrapped around them today.
We had our first test last week and yes, Tammie, it had to be multiple choice. As it ends up , I have 94 students! There is a graduate assistant, Brittany, here and she graded them all for me! The lowest passing score here is 40 percent. I am happy to say that the lowest grade on the test was 61 % and there were three 100%. I hope they can retain something.

On the baby front, yesterday I was holding a little 3 month old who has been very, very ill. She has not engaged with anyone but was so lethargic and one of the nurses here thought she might not live. She must be feeling tons better because yesterday she watched me and smiled and looked around for almost 30 minutes. She even tried to laugh.
That is the reason to come.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE it!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger DCT said...

I talked with Tom Parsons tonight and he was thrilled that you were in Zambia and the plans were moving forward. He is still looking for what God has in store for him! I hope you are taking copious notes for next year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home