Monday, June 06, 2005

Buddies at the Beach, Curves, and Church

Well, nine women returned from seven days at a house in Gulf Shores, AL. It is a very nice week of relaxation, reading, some shopping, eating seafood and lots of laughing.
I am amazed at the destruction caused by hurricane Ivan. They are still trying to repair and rebuild. The beach is different but still beautiful.
A quick rundown of events
--I discovered Panera Bread...oooooooooo good!
--Bayside Grill is still great
--I finally won the game of 31
__one of our group has a sister-in-law who named her bosoms (one is Dooley and the other is Nub)
--we have to find a cure for migrane headaches
--I do not enjoy seaweed brushing up against my legs while I am in the water

On a very different note, I have attempted to return to the Curves routine. I am so happy to say that the new morning attendant does not yell. She also does not attempt to get into your biznuss and she only told one lady that she was doing the maching wrong. I am not sure if I can continue the early morning routine and I am afraid that the Curves Nazi is still working in the afternoons. It seems that they are having a Curves picnic. Whats up with that? I exercise with these people, I do not want to eat with them...and isn't it the point of all this exercise that I should not eat so much? So, thanks for the invite, but no thanks.

And to shift gears again. Yesterday, I was asked to serve on a search committee looking for a new pulpit minister. This is a big step for our congregation. We are always traumatized to have to search for a new minister but we haven't had to do this for seventeen years. It is also a big step to include women on the committee. The first meeting was excellent. The committee is a group of godly, intelligent, articulate individuals who are up to the challenge. I am honored to be serving with them.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

have you given your blog address out to your friends and family?

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Okay, I want to know when the "younger generation" gets to come to the beach with ya'll...he he he. It sounds like ya'll had yet another wonderful beach year. I agree with the whole eating and working out thing. Who in the world wants to see them all eating? Pick us a good minister....we are praying for your committee and it's decisions in the future. I'm so glad that they picked you!!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger BW said...

My first comments! It is such a proud moment.
reagan...a few know
jenn...i am ready for the younger generation to come...maybe a house next door to ours. How much fun would that be? We need the prayers. I was comforted to know that others are seriously interested in reaching out to the college students. do you have any names to suggest?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home