Sunday, July 03, 2005

Who's To Say What Normal Is?

I am watching Wizard of Oz for the millionth time. I love that one of the classic movie channels is playing it over and over today. Just now the part of the munchkins welcoming Dorthy was on. Every time I see it I am reminded of the international media director of a very well known non-profit organization. I don't know why it reminds me of him. When he was a student he made me think of the movie and the Lollypop Guild boys so now everytime I see the movie, I think of him. That memory reminds me that I associate people with visual experiences and in particular, video games. Each time I play certain video games, I think of certain people. Now these people have never actually been in my presence while I am playing the game, but one time while I was playing the game, I thought of that particular person and now everytime I play the game I think of that person. I know, I am supposed to be too old to play video games, but I love them. One last true confession...when I play video games, it becomes a "job" that I have to complete to the best of my ability and I must play again and again until I complete the job.
That's not normal is it?

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

how old are you?

j/k!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

I must play Lemmings. Daily. I don't always win, but I play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home