Friday, August 12, 2005

A New Cell Phone


Today I pulled my cell phone out from the depths of my purse and noticed that I could not lock the keypad. The phone is almost two years old and has suffered a good deal of unintentional physical abuse so I decided that it might be time for a new phone and rate plan. First I went to the company store/office here in town. There was the sweetest young lady there who said that I needed to upgrade my phone before I can upgrade my plan. The company is "phasing out" my type of phone. The only phones available for purchase were about $40 and I really wanted the "free" to very inexpensive type. The sweet young lady whispered to me that if I called the Customer Service and asked about upgrading phone they would have some free phones. So I called them and they suggested that I look online. After 30 minutes I finally got an online account and discovered that I needed to tell them my husband's birthday and drivers license number before they could get the online account then I found out that I could not order the upgrade on the rate plan until I upgraded and had the phone in my possession. That representative told me that I had to call another number to get the phone shipped and activated first to get the upgraded rate plan...Are you tired yet, because I certainly was. Called the second representative and she was very hesitatnt to give me the free phone...it seems that the free phone is refurbished and she thinks that is pretty much trash. So I went for the $10 phone. It doesn't take photos but it is one of those cute color flip phones....Since it is a flip phone maybe my purse will stop dialing people who's numbers I have stored in the phone. I tried to add the photo of my new phone here but I think it is going at the top of the blog.

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

We did the new phone thing today, too. I have a camera phone instead of an auto-purse dialer now. :)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger BW said...

i think this means that my purse will no longer try to text message Aaron (the first name on my phone list)!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i hate cell phones. i got a new one too, b/c mine was snatched.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home