Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sometimes Life is Hard

A child having to deal with physical and emotional trauma; friends dealing with emotional crisis; church members stressed over growing and/or lack of growing pains; my personal lack of financial know-how; letting frustrations out on unsuspecting friends; not knowing how to best help all the victims of the recent national disasters are all part of life. They are all part of my life.

When I was younger I did not understand how some people could pray "Lord, come quickly." I had too many plans for my life and way too much to do on this earth to think about it ever ending. Now, I am older and that prayer of "Lord, come quickly" is finding its way into my thoughts. No one ever promised me that life on this planet would be easy. Sometimes I just have to say that out loud.

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Jan said...

"we are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed. . . . for our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home