Monday, October 02, 2006

You Didn't Leave Your Name

So, an anonymous commenter on this blog either doesn’t know me very well or has not taken the time to read all the other blogs and comments. I don't know your name but I have some comments for you.

I LOVE the students here. There are some of the sweetest, kindest, Christian young adults here with me. They are funny, clever, energetic, caring, and just entertaining. Sometimes they act like 12 year olds. Don’t we all. We have to be told that we are being stupid or moronic or just plain petty and sometimes even mean, or disrespectful. I told them after one thoughtless incident, “I will love you again this afternoon, but for now I am not happy with you!” I think they know that I love them. Once a week we have hug day. Every single student gets a hug from me as they go through the lunch line. Are a couple of the students a handful? Oh, yes. Do I love them? Oh, yes. Do I want them to be a little better people after they leave this semester? Oh, definitely. Do I want to entertain my friends who can’t be here so I tell them the funny stuff. Most certainly!!!

Having said all that….anonymous must not know me at all. I think that my friends do.I really try to find the humor and good things in every situation....Do you Anonymous?

8 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I think you have at least two different anonymous people on that last post because one of them is not anonymous at all...you can tell because he refers to his aunt and he knows to much about your drinking habits....I think the one who left the message "Do you like any of your students at all?" is a completely different person. But I think you need to add another hug day...Once a week would not be enough for me! So when I get there expect to get at least one a day if not more because I will have to catch up on all the days I've missed!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i cant really see how anonymous got that you dont like your students? you dont say anything like that at all. plus, i think it says a lot to be anonymous when you write to someone. just go ahead and tell everyone its your comment. especially if its going to hurt someone.
makes me wonder....

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger BW said...

PLEASE NOTE: the drinking habits referred to by my dear sweet wonderful friend Tammie are the numerous Diet Cokes (Coca Cola Lights) that I consume daily...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

What is not to love about being a part of the HUF program? What a great time of their lives and you get to be a part of it!! I remember my time at HUF so much with so many great memories...I even got out my old pictures the other day to show Grace where her Uncle Jon is staying this semester. Can you ask him if he is getting our e-mails?
I really don't understand the whole anonymous blogging comment thing either. If you don't want people to know who you are from what you are saying, maybe you shouldn't be saying it at all!!!! Give Jon a big hug from all of us here in Texas and tell him to give you a hug from us, too!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger DCT said...

Surely the anonymous commenter didn't think through their post. With the absence of nonverbals, they may not have intended it the way it sounded. On to another matter, I am content because I have started out another day in Italy and France. A bit of information for Beckie and Jack. This weekend, I went with my Mom to lunch and there on the door of the KFC was a poster for an upcoming match starring Matt Riveria. I asked for the poster to present to JRC but haven't seen him yet.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm loving these comments...I have this anonymous person who keeps leaving "wish you well" on my blog but never a name...it's weird...I hope Jack Shock is my friend since he still has the secret service on speed dial and by the way, I never did send him any hate mail though I would have signed my name if i did. I love that you felt you had to clarify about your drinking habits...everyone knows it's coca cola light in Italy since I assume they don't have diet DP there. And while you are giving Jon a hug, give him one for me, too!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
your giving other anonymous people trouble and grief in there life please cease and disist immediatly. Simply sign ur name. If you know B.W. you would know that she is a kind LADY. These are merely observations about people and the process of growing up. She is like a Harding mother or aunt to many of the students (MY SELF INCLUDED) Like any mother she likes to reflect upon her children and there some times immature acts. Please reconsider your question and i think youll find your answer very easily.
SINCERELY WIL SKELTON

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know where your heart is. Sorry that person doesn't understand! I sure Jack can take care of all of us if need be! I can always come up with a few Ding Dongs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home