Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fall Weather and The Prince

Today was a very good day. First of all the weather is incredible. Just like the perfect Homecoming weather with cloudless blue sky and crisp, clean fall air. This morning Jeff (who is visiting here until tomorrow) showed us all the photos of HULA, HUG, and HIZ (Harding in Zambia). Dan, I think that our master’s program can certainly work with the program in Zambia and send four students there once a year and also send four a year to England. They have a place in Zambia that takes in babies whose mothers have dies before the baby is able to eat solid food. Sometimes they bury a baby that age with the mother because there is not enough money to buy formula for the infant. Haven Inn (or maybe it was Haven Place, I can’t exactly remember) takes these babies until they can eat solid food and then they return to their families. Our students could certainly be there helping and doing language development activities with the babies. There is also a grade school where English is the language so our students could help out there. It is going to be a great thing!

For lunch today we put all the students on a bus and went to Machiavelli’s house and tavern where he used to eat when he was exiled from Florence. It was also during that time he wrote “The Prince.” His villa was incredible with a most wonderful terrace that you can actually see the duomo and bell tower in downtown Florence. Lunch was all salad and grilled meat. Oh my goodness! Ribs, chicken, pork roast, and the best Italian sausage I have ever eaten.

After lunch we went to Robbie and Mona’s condo out in the Tuscan hills. There we had dessert and celebrated three birthdays! It was so much fun….and I FORGOT TO TAKE MY CAMERA!!! I guess that means that I will have to take Gene, Reagan, Murr, Tim, Stephanie, and Ellie back there. I can be a martyr and suffer through another meal for them and the photos.

word for today's five sentences: bolzano

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

Couchette is going out with Chandalette's ex. He's such a balzano.

I went to Macaroni Grille last week and had the balzano. Gross.

No, Mom, really. We're just over at April's house playing Balzano.

I loved that movie! You know, the guy who pretends to be from Kysykstan? What's his name? Balzano?

Joey, comma here. Why you wanna play balzano wit the Yankees?

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i've been to bolzano...otzi the 5000 year old man frozen in the ice is there. they actually have a gelato flavor there called "otzi". ugh.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I am just too brain dead to come up with sentences like Rushton or Dr. Shock! (Not that I'd be smart enough even if I weren't brain dead!) I'm glad the weather is wonderful there.
Hope it holds ot til I get there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home