Saturday, November 18, 2006

Nekkid Statues

The banquet is over. The students did a great job with the decorations and the gift giving. They gave me a group picture that they all signed on the matting. It is wonderful and I got a ceramic plate from that man who hand paints ceramics next to Mario's Cafe. It is of the villa and it is beautiful. I think I will hang it right under the painting that Robbie gave me last time of the villa.



The entertainment was fun. Logan and I sang the following lyrics to the tune of Jingle Bells (moleskins are the small blank books that the students have to fill with their notes from the museums and galleries we visit and the whisperer is what we call the wireless listening devices we use to hear the tour guides).



Dashing through the streets

Another sight to see

Come on hurry up

Our guide we have to meet



Moleskins in our hands

A whisperer in our ear

And I can’t find my pen right now

So I’ll just have to stare.



Fall 06

Fall 06

HUFfers now are we

O what fun it is to see

The nekkid staturary EEE



Fall 06

Fall 06

HUFfers now are we

David, Venus, Hercules

Are nekkid as can be!



Leonardo everywhere

Michelangelo wants to share

His gift of art with us

We’ve tried and tried to hear



Just what he wants to say

Bout beauty and the plan

But all it seems to say sometimes is

It’s a nakkid man!



Fall 06

Fall 06

HUFfers now are we

O what fun it is to see

The nekkid staturary EEE



Fall 06

Fall 06

HUFfers now are we

David, Venus, Hercules

Are nekkid as can be!





Obviously there are a couple of inside jokes, but we do see lots of nakkid statues. My nephew, his wife and their seven year old daughter are coming to Florence in mid December. They have been watching lots of travel videos to prepare for the trip. On one video they saw the David statue. The seven year old said, "Mom, he's not very modest." The mom was preparing to discuss the nakedness of the statue when the daughter went on to complete her thought, "He doesn't have a shirt on!" If all she noticed about that statue is that he doesn't have a shirt on, then we maybe can make it all around the piazzas here without having to discuss the total nakedness of them!





powered by performancing firefox

8 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

then again, ellie has never really been bothered by the lack of panties.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I love it! I can just hear Ellie saying that and it's going to be fun walking around with her with all those "nikked" statues!

Sounds like your Thanksgiving dinner and party was a real success and I'm glad for you and all the students. I hear that it's a really special time for every one.

Counting down the days!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Hey, Rebeccca Jane, one more thing...are we going to be able to find Pan Forte (sp? you know that wonderful fruit and nut cake that is made in Sennia) in southern Italy? I'm thinking I need one or two or three of those really bad...Especially a fresh piece from a bakery would be wonderful but I could live with a prepackaged one...just wondering...

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger BW said...

Tammie...you have spoiled your surprise! The only way you can get one fresh from the bakery is if we go to Sienna. I have some packaged ones ready and waiting for you straight from Sienna. I am going to call you tomorrow afternoon when I finish making the hotel reservations and talk about how you get from the airport to the hotel...have to wait until tomorrw because our sweet secretary is going to try and make a deal with the hotel Harding uses and the boss man won't be there until tomorrow.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

SIENA!!! not sennia, not sienna.

its not like rome vs. roma. there is just one name.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger BW said...

U That is my tongue sticking out at Reagan! Can we help it if spell checker does not have all the cities in Italy in it??

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

It doesn't matter that I spelled it right or wrong...Beckie knew exactly what I was talking about and thank you so much for thinking of me already! I'll look forward to talkiing to you on the phone! Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena, Siena....Now, Reagan, I've written one more than the required ten times by the teacher when you miss a word...am I forgiven?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yep! have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home