Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Leaving for Rome

Tomorrow at 6:45 am I am leaving for Rome. I am going to scout out all the places that Tammie and Vivian will want to see when they arrive! If you have ever been with Robbie on his super marathon run through Rome then you can sympathize with me. He can move fast through those streets and you'd better keep up. The evenings will be free time and I know that I will enjoy the yummy places to eat and on Friday night we will be at the Hard Rock Cafe because they give free refills on Diet Coke.

I had an interesting phone call this morning from my husband in Searcy. It was at 10:40 am Italian time which means it was 3:40 am Searcy time. It seems that he tried to reset the alarm clock after the daylight savings time change and couldn't get the alarm set to a normal time and he did not know how to stop the alarm! I think he needs me! It is so nice to be needed.

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

good. b/c i wouldnt have understood either if he had called me.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Yeah, I hear more and more when I'm in Searcy that Gene likes it less and less each time you leave...I perdict that he is going to love it so much when he gets there in December that he will never let you go to a foreign campus again without him! BTW, Vivian called last night and said she really doesn't care what order we do things in. We can do Rome first or last. So like Tim said in his e-mail...Whether thou goest, we will go...

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger DCT said...

There is this wonderful restaurant near the Spanish Steps that serves the best Tiramisu and it wasn't to expensive. Wesley had originally recommended it and everyone that has eaten there has enjoyed it. We went with Harding, Lou and Sally and ate at an outdoor table. As you are wondering around you might check it out. As you come down the steps, take a left around the building and the first left and you are there (if I remember right). Have a wonderful time!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger DCT said...

The name of that restaurant was Ristorante Alla Rampa, Piazza Mignanelli, 18, Roma. I remember that it had the most wonderful salad bar and as I have already said, great tiramisu (heavy on the su). Check it out if you get the chance, and if it is still there.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you been to alfredo's in rome? if not, it's a must! even if you have, it's always a must for me! it's the home of alfredo sauce and there's no better version anywhere. only 7 months till i get to go...i'm already ready!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home