Saturday, December 16, 2006

Getting Ready for Christmas

Murr did arrive safely yesterday afternoon. She was exhausted but fine. Like me, she does not sleep well on planes. So, we let her have a hour and half nap yesterday and then she had to stay awake until at least 9:30 pm to try and get her body clock re-set. Pizza at Gallo's last night. She slept until I woke her up at 9 am this morning.

Today we has cappucino and pastry for breakfast and then took her to the Coop to grocery shop. R had to work on her thesis revisions this afternoon so we just did laundry and let Murr take another nap this afternoon. R and Robbie went to the Fiorentina soccer game tonight (tied with Milan) and the rest of us got pizza from the pizzeria down by the Bus 16 stop. Not as good as Gallo's but not anything to spit out either. Gene says that he would be happy if we just ate pizza at a different place everynight while he is here!

R and I getting ready to drive to the airport to pick up her friend Corrie. Tomrrow we hope to go to the German Christmas market in Piazza Santa Croce. Tomorrow night there is a concert of
"The Messiah" by the Fiesole School of Music. It is up by Piazzale Michelanglo so we can show Murr and Corrie that beutiful view.

We decorated the villa today for Christmas. Robbie can't find all the decorations but what we did find and the Christmas tree that he bought really look beautiful. The towns are decorating and all the stores have their decorations up. It is beautiful everywhere you look!

9 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

I've not been there, but you know, I can see Mrs. O and Gene smiling at eachother. I can see Rea beaming as she walks up to the door of the villa. I can see Robbie and Mona (although they are both still 17 in my mind's eye) decorating and sharing their home with folks they love. But! I can see you over the moon because the three people you love best are sharing a very special secret with you for the first time. Love you all much, much, much!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so jealous of you all. I'm glad that everyone is so happy and enjoying Italy!

can you believe that the weather here in NY won't get below 40* (during the day) for the next 10 days??!!? What kind of Christmas is this?

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Wow! I'm with Rushton...I can see everything ya'll are doing in my little head and it just makes me smile so big! We love ya'll and are so glad that ya'll are all going to be together in such a special place for Christmas...What a memory for a lifetime!!!
By the way, it was 79 degrees here today in Texas...CRAZY, but I love it!!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Glad Mur arrived safely...even glader that she is loving being there, too. I'm with Rushton...I am so happy that everyone is having a good time. God bless you all in your time together and make lots of happy memories!
I know everything is beautiful there with the Christmas decorations. Much love to you all!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

R?? its too much effort to write more of my name???

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger BW said...

Dear R,
Y!
L,
M

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog just always make me smile!! Great plan Gene has!!! You were missed at Just Desserts last night I hear, we had to miss also-wedding and company. Bill said he missed us all. Have fun at the German Christmas market--sounds neat.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger DCT said...

I am back among the living. Just surviving from day to day for the last several weeks has been all I could accomplish. You were all missed at Just Desserts. Ms. O's gifts were the hit of the evening. You were also talked about most of the evening. We even thought about calling you but knew we wouldn't get any thanks at that time of the AM in Italy. Merry Christmas!!!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell mrs. Murr that Wil Said hi! Wow, an Italian Christmas, that seems almost like a movie title. Take lots of pictures of the lights in town. I hope u get to see some of the lights on campus before the Ground Crew removes them. Tell R good luck on the rest of her Final finals. Im so glad every thing is going so well and i hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Much love, Wil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home