Monday, March 19, 2007

Here for a Day or Two

The trip to Florence was great. I know that everyone who has ever been to HUF is now going to hate me, but I got to spend the night at the Porciano Castle! It was with friends of Robbie and Mona's who graciously invited me to come also. Sleeping on that 5th floor is great. Just sitting in front of that fireplace in the living room is wonderful!

I was able to accomplish all my shopping tasks for Reag while I was in Florence. I even managed to bring home a sfolia for Keri to see and taste so she can try to copy them. I am so hooked on them. Also, Reag found the most wonderful Italian cookbook named Italia in Cucina. It has great pictures and tons of recipes, so I carted it home (and it is heavy).

I am leaving again on Thursday for DC. I will be there until Sunday afternoon. Sherrill, how far away are you?

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Wow!! Talk about keeping your bag packed!! How great is it that you get to go on all these fun adventures. Can't wait to see you and everyone else at Easter!!!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well Beckie, it looks like we were in DC together. Lila and I were flying back from BNA on 3/18 and were stuck in Reagan for 6 hours. We got home at 1:30am instead of 10:30pm.
Hope you're travels were less eventful.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm so glad I finally got to talk to you today! Have a fun trip to DC. Maybe my new car will be here by Easter!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate may be too strong...envious...yes!!!!!Sounds like a great trip,but I think your bed is finally going to feel really good!!!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good thing i love you so much or the jealousy might make me hate you. i'm just over 4 hours away...but i probably can't make it saturday, because i have ncaa games to watch! but if you're headed back sometime, i'd love to try to meet up with you. if keri finds a way to make sfoglias, i'll pay her good money for them! hope you have a great trip...see you at easter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home