Thursday, December 28, 2006

Why Did I Bring all This STUFF

Christmas Day was a sweet great day. The five of us staying at the villa had stockings that we bought from TAF in downtown Florence. We had decided that each of the five of us would buy five of the same thing all under 5 Euro and put in the stockings. That way each stocking had five things to take home. It was lots of fun to shop for the stuff and somehow a couple of extra things ended up in the stockings. I know that Mona playes Santa with the Toberlones that were there and I think that Stephanie managed to sneak some cute little Pinochicco ornaments in each one also!

After the stockings we got to work getting ready for Christmas lunch. Robbie, Mona and the boys came in about noon and at about two Gary and Jennifer, their boys, Howard and Doris Bybee, one of their sons, a couple of Avanti workers and some visitors to Avanti all came up with TONS of food. We had turkey and ham with more veggies and desserts than I could ever dream up! We got most of that cleaned up and some others from the church in Florence came out for dessert and coffee. The company lasted until nine Christmas night. It was fun and we all enjoyed playing host to the people who visited. Scott Bain called his house in West Memphis and Tracy and Eric were having Christmas dinner there (well, actually at the Shack Shack!) and we got to talk to Tracy for a minute...she is wearing the ring!!!

Tuesday was museum day. Reagan and I took Murr and Corrie to the Uffizi and the Academia. A good time was had by all. It was amazing to see that the San Lorenzo market was totally empty!!! No stalls, nothing! We will go back in tomorrow to see if they returned!

Each day (except Christmas) we have been going in to Bar Aquila to get this most wonderful pastery sfoglia crema and a cappucino. I am hooked on this pastery. If I can find a recipe for it Keri and I may have open up a shop. It will make you want to jump up and slack your momma!

Now, I have three days left to try and fit all the stuff that I brought with me and all the great stuff that I bought over here into my suitcases. What was I thinking in September? I will never again forget Rick Steves words of wisdom: "There are two kinds of travelers... those who pack light and those who wish they did."

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

we are feeling your pain...we leave for togo in a week and trying to put everything (plus extras) back into suitcases that were already over the weight limit is...well.....you know. ;)
--april

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon left a blue and black duffle type suitcase...fill 'er up!Sounds like ya'll had a great time. If the ipod Jon left is still there could you tuck it in a corner? Can't wait to hear all your stories in person. Safe travels!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas at the villa filed with lots of friends and Americans who enjoyed being together. I can't wait to see you in a few days!

We spent the day in Atlanta today looking at hotels for Tim's 2008 Dental Implant Meeting. It was a pleasant day. Maybe by then, I'll be finished with all my studying and I can enjoy the meeting, too.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tammie's Thoughts said...

If you see anymore Pan Forte anywhere bring me some more...it has to be better than what they have a World Market! But DON'T rek your neck trying to get it!
See you Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home