Sunday, August 21, 2005

Can I Enroll in Your Class Without the Pre-requisite?

One of my colleagues received the following email from a student.

"I would like to take a class from the Mass Communication department.
I was thinking about taking COMM 259, Typography and Graphic Arts, but
that class has a pre-requisite, which is COMM 177. So I was wondering
if I could still take the class without the pre-requisite."

How can a college student a) not understand the meaning of the term pre-requisite and
b) be brazen enough to ask a professor if he/she can go outside the rules?
Do they think that a pre-requisite is just a suggestion?

Has anyone heard of the lady who thought the movie "SuperSize Me" was mean spirited and misleading so she started a 90 McDonald's diet concentrating on the healthy side of their menu? It seems that she lost weight. I just love a happy ending!

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

37 lbs in a really short time, maybe 2 months? WOW. Move over Jared from Subway.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

SuperSize Me hurt my belly!! I love McDonald's fries, but that much is just wrong!!!
Boo on that student...they should know better!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

OK, so the spammers are getting WAY out of hand. If you are getting it on your IM it is called "spim". I've gotten it on my phone, too. Aaron knows how to get rid of, maybe block. He fixed my parents' blog.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger BW said...

thanks for the info Freda. I will try to find Aaron and see if he can fix it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home