Thursday, June 01, 2006

Delayed Gratification

Tomorrow several of my friends are leaving for Gulf Shores, Alabama. I am typically in the car with them and I am a little sad. This is “Ladies Week” at the beach and only women are allowed. It is our very own version of “Lilith Beach.” The rules are that you can do anything that does not disturb the others in the house. It is a really nice and relaxing time. I can act silly or I can act sad or I can just sit quietly and most of the time nobody cares. I typically don’t spend so much time in the sun, but I do enjoy the beach in the late afternoon and at night. I will miss that and I will miss all the reading and good books that circulate.

I am not going with my friends this year for two reasons. First is because I am working this summer session to get the process of a master’s degree program in communication sciences and disorders off and running. Lots of paper work and developing mission statements and goals and stuff. The second reason is that I need to save money for the fall. I am going to spend the fall in Italy. So don’t feel bad for me…I have a more than wonderful experience coming up this fall.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

No beach week? Wow! You are so good to give up one good thing for another in the fall...the time we went to beach week just for a little while, was the best!! Of course, I wouldn't change anything to miss out on HUF either, so I'm with you....the beach can wait, Italy cannot!

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want it all! I thought about them all driving to the beach this morning while I was in the tub and I was sad that I was not with them. Italy is great, but it is not a lazy, do what you want, when you want , kind of place. You need them both. i was wondering the other day when i was laying in the bed how many days it would take me to get tired of layhing around reading novels and watching tv...don't really know...never had that kind of time yet in my life...I will keep my phone charged.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're getting ready to go eat at Sea and Suds today....and here I sit waitng for my ride to the airport...well, not exactly waiting yet...I still have on my nightie....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home