Saturday, July 29, 2006

It Was a Very Good Trip

Yesterday morning I was in Buffalo, NY and at 2:30 today I was back home...and we were dring all the way. Gene and i have not been able to travel just the two of us in about twenty years and we were gone for thirteen days. We went throught Tennessee, up the western side of Virginia, all around DC, through Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, a small tidtib of Canada, back through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and back to Searcy.

I am just going to put some photos on today and I will write more in the next week or so about the yummy things we found to eat and the funny things that happened.

The Iwo Jima monument is so much bigger than I ever imagined.



We toured the Harley-Davidson factory and it was really interesting. They wouldn't let us take picutures inside so here is the outside of the factory.



We made an unscheduled stop when we saw the highway sign saying Hershey, PA this way....how can you NOT turn. It was interesting but we didn't have time to drive into the city proper. We took the little tour and ate this amazing chocolate mouse, then we ate the chocolate cup!





This is the town Niagara-on-the-Lake in Canada. Soooo beautiful!



Then to the Falls...I have no words...I had no idea they were so massive and powerful...



I know that the last one is fuzzy but I think it just may be the best photo of me in the last 20 years!

5 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, please....i am going to teach y'all to you use the night mode button on the camera.

i'm glad y'all had fun, even if it was with me!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger BW said...

without you?

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told Tim I wanted to do that one day...DRIVE...all he could say was, "WOW" Who knows what that means? I am so glad that you had a wonderful time! You derserved it!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

What a fun trip!!! I'm so glad that ya'll got to take this one together! We drove like that thru the south (Savannah, Atlanta, Hilton Head Island all the way to south Florida) on the first half of our honeymoon and we LOVED it and making stops just because we saw something cool....lots of fun!!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

Scott and I relived our Canada trip thru you when he got home, just 5 hours after you left, amazingly enough. They left SC about 5am. Sorry to have run you off. I still haven't been actually sick, just on the verge. Lyn did the whole fever and "swivels" for 48 hours. She's had 2 gatorades, 1/2 a lemondade and by now, maybe a whole flour tortilla, so she's on the mend. Who's up for going to Fenwick, Ontario?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home