Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Food Preparation

Most of my close friends know that I am physically able to cook but that I do not LIKE to cook. Yesterday was a perfect example. My husband helped me come up with several food items that I could prepare and contribute to our 4th of July celebration with friends. I went to the store and purchased the items and began to prepare them early in the day so that I would not be rushed in the late afternoon. Halfway into the preparation the first trauma was that the kitchen sink totally clogged and refused to drain. It is very, very hard to prepare food without water...I don't know how people did it before houses had running water. Second, the freezer in the garage would not freeze the ice cream (using it between cookies to make homemake ice cream sandwiches). Then I began to sweat when I was putting it all in the car to take to the picnic. I just can not handle all that trauma. I could never have been a pioneer woman.

10 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a little tip for next time you want ice cream sandwiches...go down to Dairy Queen and order them from Joe Moore...just take your plate and I bet he'll put them on it for you or go to walmart and buy them...they even have those chocolate chip cookie kind that you can make everybody think that you made! Why salve when you can buy the same thing?

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should read SLAVE instead of salve...I never could spell!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

breathe....breathe....

btw, my logon word is "azhoo"....that is pretty close to a word....like a sneeze....

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why in the world do we always put ourselves under sooo much pressure...? I'm sure you had fun and would have, regardless of what you had bought or made!!! Maybe that's why we all enjoy eating out so much-we can have fun together without the sink stop ups, etc.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN, BETH! I'm strongly thinking about spending Thanksgiving in Italy with vivian and beckie...you should go with us! You'll have Christmas and other holidays with your family.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Rushton said...

We can't let down that mask of "having it all" and "being it all." We all work outside our homes and enjoy it and are good at it, so we feel guilty when we let something traditional slide, like housework or cooking. Well girls, I'm looking at the cat's footprints on an antique table right now and I just took a quick break from my knitting to see what my friends were doing. I will not get to that dusting today or tomorrow or next week because life keeps getting in the way.
Having said all that and sounding so languid about the whole role-stress thing...anybody got a clue what I can take as a "veggie" to the reunion Saturday?

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rushton,
open a few cans of those Allen Italian style green beans, add a little salt and pepper and butter and let them cook down a little and everyone will think they are home-grown....or Cracker Barrell is near you...you could always order a quart of any of thier veggies and put them in your own bowl and just smile and say, "Why, thank you" when every one compliments you on how delicious it is!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger BW said...

Tammie, that is absolutely brilliant! I love the Cracker Barrel recipe!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Rushton said...

problem solved! THNX Tammie!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Kelsey said...

Um, cooking is a no go for me. All the way around. (I burn rice, and make charcoal cookies.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home