Sunday, July 23, 2006

VA, DC, MD

We have been gone for six days now and have seen some incredible sights. Neither one of us has ever been driving in Virginia and it was sooooo pretty. We have decided that we need to come back next year and spend a week just driving around Virginia. The Shenadoah Valley is all that everyone has ever told us. Gene has had adventures in the DC Metro and we have driven around this little section of Maryland. Today we went to Arlington Cemetary and it is so sobering and so beautiful all at the same time. Mike and Beth joined us for the tour of the grounds and it was fun to have friends with us to see the Changing of the Guard. Gene and I drove to the Iwo Jima site and saw the area where Jessica used to live. We have eaten wonderful food and enjoyed it all.

Tomorrow we are off through Pennsylvania and should be in NY by Tuesday. Now if we can just find some coin operated washing machines we will be ready for the next part of this journey. Just a hint...we hope to tour a factory tomorrow that will make Gene's eyes turn green.

Oh, yes....my meetings so far have been productive and ocassionally boring. But those meetings have gotten us some great travel time!

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had thought about it and given you Janet Bowers # in DC, well, actually Arlington, VA, but it's all the same if you don't know the difference...then you could have used her washing machine. I am so glad that you two are having a wonderful time together! I can't think of two people who deserve it more!!! Love you both!

P.S. thanks for my e-mail. I have an appointment with Dr. Flatt this week to discuss test tutoring and strategy.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rushton said...

Can't wait to hear all about it and compare pictures. SOOOO glad you got Gene to go with you. Fun, fun, fun!

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your phone call today made my eyes turn green and my mouth water so much I almost slobbered on myself...If I'd been Vivian, I'd been on the next plane to Hersey, PA to join you! BTW, I forgot to tell you that I bought my Thanksgiving ticket for Italy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home